Wednesday, February 24, 2021

8th grade - Class work - February 25th

 


Complete the text with the audio file

 

Some people _______(1) that rats are ugly creatures. When they _______(2) a rat running along, they _______(3) ee-yuck! Well I don’t _______(4) about you, but I’ve always thought that this was rather rude. Rats can _______(5) hurt feelings too you know! In any case, when I _______(6) sight of my reflection in a stream, I think I’m rather cute.

 

Just recently, I was trotting along the King’s Highway, in my sweet little way, when I _______(7) a great commotion on the road up ahead. Who or what is causing all that fuss? I _______(8).

 

When I got closer, I _______(9) the King himself, riding along on top of a great fat lump of an elephant. The crowd of onlookers were ooo-ing and aah-ing full of admiration for that stupid beast with a nose that’s far too big for her face. She’s much uglier than me, I _______(10). So I _______(11) to spring up and down and say: “Hey everyone! Why not look at me? I’m such a cutie-pie! I could _______(12) the King’s household and be a royal rat, if only there was any justice in the world.”

 

At first, nobody noticed me. They were all too busy ogling that stupid elephant. Little did I know that riding behind the elephant in a carriage, _______(13) the princess, and she was holding a beastly cat in her arms. When he caught sight of me, the cat leapt out of the carriage and _______(14) to chase me. I _______(15)to run for my life, and popped down a hole just in time before the cat could _______(16) me up.

 

Now I’ve _______(17) my mind about wanting people to notice me and _______(18) me. I’ve _______(19) that sometimes, it’s far better not to draw attention to yourself, but just to _______(20) on quietly with your own business.

 

 

 

Audio file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i39cYJDmtKSnXC3RUPCRp4wwpPLjUElN/view?usp=sharing


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dystopia