Wednesday, February 24, 2021

7TH grade - Class work - February 25th

 

Listen to audio file and complete the story, then make a list with the verbs in Engish and Spanish

________(1) an artist, and as everyone ________(2), artists are usually rather poor. Normally, I ________(3) about that. When the sun is shining, I sit on my favourite blade of grass and ________(4) music for everyone to ________(5) to. I have lots of friends, and together we’ve formed an orchestra.

 

Everyone ________(6) our music and ________(7) how cheerful it ________(7) them feel – well almost everyone. There’s a family of ants who ________(8) to listen. They ________(9) themselves far too seriously for music or enjoyment. All they do is work, work, work – even when the sun is shining.

“Hey You Ants,” I said to them. “________(10) a lovely summer’s day. Why don’t you ________(11) your feet for a while, and listen to my sweet music?”

“No time to stop,” one of them said, panting away. “________(12) far too busy stocking up food for winter.”

 

The months went by, and the days got shorter and colder. I was shivering so much that I couldn’t even sing. A hard frost was on the ground, and there wasn’t a crumb to ________(13). I was so hungry! So I went to ________(14) that busy family of ants and said: “Please Sirs, ________(15) a poor starving musician. Spare me a few crumbs from your store of food.”

________(16) you know what? Those ants just turned their noses up at me. They were so stingy that they wouldn’t ________(17) any of their food. Oh well, I’ll just have to ________(18) hungry this winter. In the New Year, I’ll make a resolution. When the times ________(19) good, I’ll ________(20) to ________(21)some food for a rainy day.


Audio file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ppHD5Rd-W8HJwDgK02zBTgB45-bmAd5U/view?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dystopia